Health is wealth. However, when one is sick things can easily get out of hand. It is all due to the stress of illness taking its toll. If you add to it the worries of paying the medical bills, it can be quite difficult. This is why it’s best to go for a doctor who bulk bills.
How does bulk billing work?
When you talk about bulk billing, it is actually a mode of practice of physicians who allow patients to pay through the Medicare system of insurance. Any service which they offer you is billed directly to Medicare. Medicare offers a health scheme which has been in effect since 1984 and covers a great many health issues.
Only those people can avail Medicare services who hold a Medicare card. The card can be claimed through the following:
- From the doctor’s office. There are separate help desks which are open for people who are interested in claiming a Medicare insurance card
- You can also apply for the card through an online service by Medicare insurance
- At the department of human services in your locality
There is one thing which should be kept in mind though, not all doctors accept the bulk billing practice. This is why it’s important that you find bulk billing doctors only if you want to avail the benefits.
What does the Medicare card cover?
The card allows the following benefits
- The consultant’s fee
- Ay tests or examinations ordered by the doctor
- All eye tests
- Majority of surgical procedures
Advantages of bulk billing
The following are a few advantages of bulk billing:
- The most obvious benefit which comes with bulk billing is the amount of cash you can save per doctor’s visit. Usually a single visit can deduct hundreds of dollars from your wallet. Everyone knows just how expensive a doctor’s visit can get. With bulk billing you get a certain discount which can be quite handy especially during hard times.
- The economic constraint on the doctor’s fee and bills is real relief for people who have certain medical issues and have to visit the doctor every now and then. For example someone with a debilitating condition like, heart problems has to make frequent visits to a doctor. They also have to undergo a number of tests.
- Another great thing about bulk billing is that it a pretty short process and doesn’t take a long time. The payments are made directly to the doctor and you don’t have to worry a great deal about how you would be paying the huge amount of medical bills.
This allow people to have affordable health care for themselves and for their families as well. There are several medical services which can be bulk billed. Bulk billing covers walk in appointments, urgent care, a visit to your GP, pathological reports and X-rays and ultrasounds.
Not having to give an upfront payment every time you visit a bulk billing doctor in Rockhampton can be quite a relief. CQ are bulk billing doctors in Rockhampton. Make sure you visit them to take advantage of the facilities provided by the Medicare insurance card.